Thursday, September 3, 2009

I must be doing something right

Just like I randomly stumbled upon the sole inspiration for this study, Anni Albers, while doing research for an alternate class over the summer, I have done it again by happening upon an additional vital source for my thesis committee.  I've been thinking a lot about the members of my committee and was hoping to find a local weaver/textile artist, preferably with some interdisciplinary study.  Preliminary searches were frustrating and unsuccessful.  However while just investigating a magazine called Handwoven by Interweave Press, I found a listing of weaving classes and teachers organized by state.  To my surprise there was a listing in Lutz, Florida, which is very near Tampa, by textile artist and weaver Judi Jetson.  I immediately emailed her with my abstract and link to this blog.  I think it took her all of 10 minutes to email back and her response was more unbelievable than I could have ever asked for (or searched for!)  She is actually employed by the university, knows several members of the architecture faculty, and is a part of the Pinellas Weavers Guild --which I was going to contact any day now. She said it was shocking we had not met before and I completely agree.  A face-to-face meeting over coffee, a trip to the Pinellas Weavers meeting, and the missing piece to the committee puzzle into place.  Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment